1. A natural born Filipino (as defined by law under the 1987 Constitution of the Republic of the Philippines, Article IV, Sections 1-5)
2. A PSR may come from:
3. The PSR nominee shall not in any way be connected with any government institution in any manner for five 5 years prior to his or her nomination for the PSR position.
4. The PSR nominee should have an extensive record of employment in the Private Sector.
5. The PSR nominee should be from industry, business or profession related to the SUC legal mandate; Education, Agriculture, Engineering, and Technology.
6. At least 25 years old and a permanent resident and/or working in the Province of Agusan del Sur on the date of submission of nomination.